Innovations for intelligent energy management
The energy efficiency of buildings plays a key role on our road to a sustainable society. We combine our innovativeness with the expertise that we have gained over many decades as a real estate service provider. Using digital technologies, we develop smart solutions for the climate-friendly and convenient energy management of residential and commercial properties. We make complex processes simple and so encourage every single person to take responsibility for a sustainable future.
We promote climate friendly action
We make climate-friendly action simple for our customers by offering smart solutions. In this way we increase the contributions our products and services make to sustainable development.
We have set ourselves the following goals:
We help our customers/users to reduce their CO2 emissions by 10% by 2030 (base year: 2015).
By 2027, we will equip all our properties throughout Europe with remotely readable devices.
Transparency for resource conservation
We make consumption transparent – for careful use of resources
With our smart products and services, we make individual heating energy and water consumption transparent – and so motivate the users of residential and commercial properties to behave in a resource-saving way. We continuously optimise our devices such as meters and smoke alarms. We also equip them with radio technology to avoid visits for meter-reading and maintenance. In future, we can also give tenants information about their current consumption several times a year. By installing remotely readable meters, we are proactively implementing the requirements of the European Energy Efficiency Directive (EED).
Convenience thanks to digitalisation
We focus on digitalisation – for greater convenience and environmental protection
We digitalise our processes so we can work more efficiently and sustainably and continually drive digitalisation forward:
- We motivate our customers to switch to electronic invoice mailing.
- We modernise our billing systems so the billing process is simpler and faster for our customers.
- We provide a Web portal for our customers which they can use to communicate with us quickly and easily.
Smart Property Management
We offer innovative products and services – for smart property management
The development of innovative solutions for smart property management is one of our core competencies. We provide digital business processes for property management and, with new technologies and smart services, create the conditions for the connected home and the digitally supported reduction of energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
- We have extended our platform objego to include a feature for preparing ancillary cost bills and are now integrating new services. objego is geared to the needs of private landlords and covers the entire lifecycle of a property from acquisition, letting, renovation, management/operation to sale; it connects all partners involved. Aareal Bank became a shareholder (40%) in 2020.
- facilioo, the online platform for efficient property management for professional third-party property managers, is being continually expanded to include additional services. facilioo optimises customers' management processes – by linking all those involved in a process, by providing transparency and offering functions such as a feature for holding virtual COA meetings.
- With the ista Hello app, we offer an application to connect property managers, tenants and the property with each other.
We respond to our customers' needs – for the best possible service
We make it easy for our customers to save energy and protect the environment. We do our utmost day in, day out to ensure the best-possible service and are continuously expanding our range of services:
- New service centre in Germany
We have set up ista Customer Service GmbH to offer an even better service for our customers. The previous service centres in Leipzig and Kassel are now together under the one roof in Leipzig.
- New Digital Sales & Services department
We have established the Digital Sales & Services department to expand our position as the market leader in the submetering sector and other real estate services. It identifies the wishes and needs of our customers and is standardising system design so that customers can find their way around all platforms and channels.
- Quality management
In our service centres, we are there in person for our customers. We have the quality management of our branches certified to ISO 9001 to ensure the high quality of our customer service and further improve customer satisfaction.
- Customer webinars
To make property management as easy as possible for our customers, we train them on relevant topics by offering them regular webinars.
- Expansion of Commerical & Industrial
In order to provide greater support for industrial and commercial customers in the field of energy efficiency solutions, ista is expanding its range for climate-friendly commercial and industrial properties.
- Portfolio dashboard
ista has introduced the Portfolio Dashboard so new market trends can be quickly identified. The basis for this is a digital idea management tool. This tool helps to determine quickly and easily whether an idea is worth pursuing further.
Goals, Values, Principles
We have set ourselves a clear goal for each field of action in our sustainability strategy which are guided by internationally recognised external standards.
ista Progress Report
Find more information about our sustainable activities in our progress report 2021/22.
Climate Protection at the Heart of Corporate Strategy
ista already operates CO2-neutral and intends to become carbon-free (net zero) by 2030.