Working at ista is all about rethinking the use of energy and resources. For today. For tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. We provide smart solutions for a sustainable future, make complex data more transparent and have the courage to flip the switch to change. In our company with its family-like corporate culture and strong values, our 5700 colleagues in 22 countries make switching to smart devices and digital services in the real estate sector easy. As one of the market leaders, we offer the benefits and reliability of a large corporation combined with the open-minded atmosphere of a modern tech company.
At ista, your ideas can make a real difference. Apply now and join us at our international head office in Essen as:
Chapter Lead Firmware & Software (*)
- As Chapter Lead, you will be the disciplinary leader of the Chapter, focusing on coaching and development of your team members and the recruitment of new Chapter members.
- You define standards, guidelines and best practices for the chapter and are responsible for the design and development of the chapter identity.
- Define the target competence profiles of your chapter members in accordance with ista’s strategic and technology roadmap and continuously improve the skillset of your team towards this profile.
- In coordination with the Head of Hardware Development and the Tribe Lead, you will staff the squads and work closely with Product Owners and Tribe Leads to identify the best way of achieving the business goals.
- You exemplify an innovative mindset and act as a technical coach for chapter members.
- You actively contribute your expertise in Device Firmware and IT Software and work in one of the squads up to 50 % of your working time.
- Your experience in leading teams is characterized by a coach-oriented leadership style.
- With your strong communication skills, you manage to win others over and inspire them - across all hierarchical levels.
- You rely on excellent knowledge of embedded software development in C and C++ developed during minimum 5 years of professional experience and good knowledge of IT level software development in C# and Python.
- Your good understanding of embedded systems UML modeling, coding, build chains and hardware in the loop testing standards and processes is based on excellent technical understanding of MCUs and their peripherals and extensive experience in ultra-low power and IoT security code design.
- You are aware of embedded technology roadmaps, tool chains and technology trends.
- You have strong analytical skills, a high willingness to learn and change and ideally first experience of agile working culture in a hardware development environment.
- Your pragmatic and risk aware working style reflects the high technical responsibility of your chapter.
- Experience strong commitment: Join an agile transformation actively promoted by our CEO
- Do the right thing with purpose: Our services save CO₂ and protect the environment - we work for a sustainable world of tomorrow!
- Enjoy many benefits: Look forward to an attractive salary, 30 days of vacation per year, flexible working hours in a modern office building, as well as the opportunity to work remotely
- Stay curious and develop yourself further: Standing still is not an option for us, which is why we support you in every aspect of your development - take advantage of our innovative training program, for example with courses from the online universities Udacity and Coursera. Lots of learning opportunities are waiting for you!
- Secure a bright future for yourself: With us, a solid international medium-sized company meets a start-up atmosphere - our path offers you long-term and excellent career options
- Experience a working environment full of trust: We all share the same goals and pull together
- Have fun in a motivated team: We organize cross-team events, an international soccer cup and "Ice cream for everyone"-days in the summer - we always come up with something new, be curious!
- With enthusiasm, energy and fun, we implement groundbreaking goals together
- We are international
- We work in a dynamic environment according to agile methods
- You can expect an open culture with plenty of room for new ideas and impulses
- We place great emphasis on direct communication and fair cooperation
- If you want to make a difference with your experience, this is the right place for you!
We look forward to receiving your application online. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Luxemburger Straße 1
Tel. +49 (0)201 459-3851
*This job ad is addressed to potential new colleagues whether they are female, male or diverse. At ista we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. We welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.