Retrofitting energy saving technology supported by chilled water sub-metering systems (BTU meters) in energy inefficient buildings ensures that electricity and water usage is measured, controlled and reduced.
ista Middle East is market leader in retrofitting BTU meter systems
Prequalifications for a metering service supplier:
- Design of metering strategy
- Supply of BTU meters comply to project requirement
- Installation of BTU meters including mbus cabling and modification of third party services, if required
- Supervision of installation, testing and commissioning
- Project management
- Meter Reading, Billing and Maintenance Services, if required
- Tariff calculation consultancy and billing methodology design.
- Replacement of faulty meters.
- Customer service and dispute resolution support.
Guidelines for retrofitting BTU meters:
Retrofitting refers to installation of sub-meters in existing & occupied buildings. Considering access problems & complexity of working in live (occupied) building, it is recommended that the turnkey solution should be provided by from a single source supplier. Certain activities may be outsourced but it is important for the nominated metering specialist to take overall responsibility by providing the full scope including inspection, design, supply, installation, engineering, testing & commissioning.